Diet is the sum of food consumed by a person or another organism. The word diet often implies the use of specifics intake of nutrition for health or weight-management reasons [ with the two often being related]. Dietary habits play a significant role in the quality of life in every individual, health, and longevity. Many factors including your starting size and you’re eating plan, can make a big difference. In general, however many people can see results in 1 or 2 weeks when they stick to their plan when start with diet counseling.
1 ROLE OF DIETICIAN.
- To educate and advise people on the diet
- To provide support through treatment
- To work as part of the Nutrition support team.
2 DIET COUNSELLING.
- To use their knowledge of nutritional, medical, and social science to devise appropriate eating patterns and their communication skills to inform and educate patients.
3 WHAT ARE THE BASIC PRINCIPLES?
- Evaluation of the patient’s diet
- Suggestions to modify the main meals
- Give reliable and practical options for alternate foods.
4 DIET COUNSELLING
- Should be individually varied
- Nutritionally balanced approach
- Educating the patient regarding the nature of the disease
- Benefits and importance of following the diet.
5 DIET HISTORY
- Meal time
- Amount to be consumed.
- Portion sizes
- Preparation of dishes
- Amount of sugar, milk, and oil in daily food intake.
6 Treatments Like:
Lipo laser, cool sculpting, HIFU, body contouring, and many more are treated post-treatment sessions here with the help of diet counseling. The time it takes for you to see and for others to notice weight loss results can vary significantly from person to person.